account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

sim card problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

sim card problem

Hi SE forum admins and guys,

In fact, I have a problem.. I am on holidays now, and I've bought a new national sim card of the country that I am into now for vacations, but it's not working on my x10i... when Phone is booted, I'll have a grey screen with " sim network unlock pin" or something like that, with 2 options "dismiss" and "unlock".... I inserted the PIN CODE of my phone but it didn't work either...

so I need ur help plz... and thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: sim card problem

Seems that your phone is locked into the network that you are using, so you need to contact them to get the network unlocking code in order to be able to use other networks on your phone.

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Seems that your phone is locked into the network that you are using, so you need to contact them to get the network unlocking code in order to be able to use other networks on your phone.

Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

you have two ways to do this, one find the unlock code so you can use any sim card or two debrand your phone

the later could void your warranty, but you can always flash the original firmware back to your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

download FlashTool and the firmware that you need from

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746

Install it and you will see  5 folders

Custom
                                   Drivers
                                   Firmwares
                                   Loaders
                                   X10Flasher_lib
take the firmware to the  "Firmwares" folder
click on X10FlashTool (Application)
click on Falsh
Press Ok
it will ask you to connect your phone on Flashmode (turn off your phone, press the back button, then connect the USB) press OK
Click Flash

This is an step by step guide

I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG!!!

----------------------------------------

OPTION 1 - Install *.ftf files

1. Install Flashtool

2. Copy the *.ftf files that you `ve downloaded earlier to firmwares folder from Flashtool.

3. Click "Flash" button from flashtool and select the *.ftf file firmware and click "OK"

4. Relax and wait a while. When the proccess is completed you will get a popup message (don`t click on that!!!)

PHP Code:
a. Unplug your USB cable from PC
b
. Power off your phone
c
. Press back button and keep your finger on button
d
. Plug USB cable to PC
e
. Check if the green LED appear
f
. On popup message press "OK" button
g
. When "Found at USB/........" appear on flash tool you may release "back button", sit down, relax and wait

6. IF the "Start Flashing" message appear everything`s ok if not...repeat. Sitdown and relax (again )

7. When last message appear unplug/plug USB cable

8. DONNE

Regards,
Ricardo Rendeiro

Last edited by rendeiro2005; 21st February 2011 at 11:56 AM.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

this are backup alternatives

Sync your contacts with Google

open your phonebook
press MENU button -> tap on Send Contacts -> select all -> send it to your email
on your computer
-> download the file -> go to your gmail -> click on contacts -> click on more actions -> on the drop down menu click on "import" -> choose the file -> and click import
For SMS/MMS

Install "backup SMS" to back up your SMS and MMS to your Gmail

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&feature=search_result

or your SMS use

"backup & restore SMS"

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result

or for your MMS use "Save MMS"

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.schwimmer.android.mmsextract&feature=search_result

if you dont want to lose your call logs

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.yang.android.ansta

Don't worry so much about backing up your apps

on your computer go to

market.android.com -> log in -> click on My Library -> and send all your apps to your phone

Adviser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

thanks guys.. I didn't know at 1st that it's my network provider prob.... I just asked them so they gave me my code Slightly smiling Face...

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

anytime

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Nice one! Enjoy the freedom of an unlocked phone!

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hai,

@iamax10user wrote:

Hi SE forum admins and guys,

In fact, I have a problem.. I am on holidays now, and I've bought a new national sim card of the country that I am into now for vacations, but it's not working on my x10i... when Phone is booted, I'll have a grey screen with " sim network unlock pin" or something like that, with 2 options "dismiss" and "unlock".... I inserted the PIN CODE of my phone but it didn't work either...

so I need ur help plz... and thanks

Hai, I think your phone is locked phone.So only it is not accepted any sim card. Once you have unlock your Sony Ericsson X10i  phone after you can use any gsm sim cards. This can be done by using codes. If you want unlock code you can get it from Mobileunlocksolutions.com . Here they will ask your mobile details, network, imei, and country then they will send the code via to your mail.