account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia x10 mini - cant save pictures from mms received

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Xperia x10 mini - cant save pictures from mms received

Thank you so much your a lifesaver...i have been trying to puzzle on how to save my mms's...now i can finally do that Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Thanks so much for figuring this out, as that was a very annoying problem.

So i now have the Handcent SMS App as suggested, and i love it, it works great and shows the discussions far better than without the app. I have a problem though....

When i receive a message, and i open it, it gives me the option of do i want to open the message with Handcent SMS or open it with standard messaging. Each time, i choose Handcent SMS as this is what i want to view the message with, however it does not get rid of the envelope icon (the 'you have a text message' icon) unless i go back into the message and open it using the standard android Messaging function.

Ideally i want the option to be able to use either or, to disappear. I just want all messages to be opened by Handcent, and i want the Envelope icon to disappear when i have read the message.

When i do come across the option to choose Handcent or Messaging, there is a little downward arrow, that when i click it, it says Use By Default For This Location, and directs me to Home Settings>Applications>Manage Applications.

I still cant figure out how to solve my problem though.

Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks

Scott

Demigod
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

To get rid of the double notification, you need to disable the notifications for the stock messaging system.  To do that, open the application, press the menu button (the real button on the bottom left), then select 'Settings', scroll down to 'Notifications' and remove the tick from the box.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

It is very easy to save a MMS Message from XPERIA X10:

Open the Message and touch the picture by 2 or 3 seconds and you will see SAVE PICTURE.

LEARN MORE ON YOUR XPERIA ....

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

SONY ERICSON IS THE BEST!!!!

Emperor
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

you can also download Save MMS

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.schwimmer.android.mmsextract&feature=search_result

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

HA! I got it!
1) Go to messages
2) Find desired attachment (a.e picture, video, etc.)
3) Press and hold attachment untill window appears (message options)

4) select copy attached to SD

...you can then go to your mediascape-photo-album-dowload, and it should appear there

hope this helps everyone Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

yeah that's a way to do it, but Save MMS its a bit more direct Dizzy Face

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Thx so much for the advice about holding on the image - yes, up popped a menu allowing me to save the photo sent by text. After all the obvious things failed!!

Can't BELIEVE the Sony Xperia people didn't know that.

I have literally cleared every app of this phone and every photo and every unwanted text msg and I still have no memory on it. I can't take a single photo as a result - hence why someone had to send them to me y text. I don't know how to de-fraggle it so have to carry a camera around separately!

It is the crappiest phone of all time. Really un-user friendly and inadequate. Constantly crashing. Have to put every call on speaker now because of the crackle - I haven't had the phone THAT long! The predictive text drives me mad - why default to the second word that comes up and not the first one?? So annoying. And a multitide of other inadequacies. It's embarrassing to use. Surprised at Sony for coming up with something that bad. I'll never use an Android again.

But at least I got my photos off the phone!

Forum Legend
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

@LimaOscar This phone is years old and back then apps were small which would of left lots of room for other apps and data but times move on and apps get bigger because they can do more meaning less room on the device for other things

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman