account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Xperia x10 mini - cant save pictures from mms received

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Xperia x10 mini - cant save pictures from mms received

I have just got an xperia x10 mini.

I received an mms and wanted to save the picture to my phone so I could use it as well as upload it to my pc - but I dont seem to be able to do this.

The instructions say:

To use a picture in a multimedia message:

1. From the Home screen, find and tap Messaging.
  2. Tap to open a message conversation thread.
  3. Tap the attachment > View picture.
  4. Tap the bottom left corner icon and select an option.

But the only options it gives is to use picture as contact picture or wallpaper.   

Can anyone help with this query?

Thanks Tx

19 REPLIES 19
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Xperia x10 mini - cant save pictures from mms received

Hey anybody able to help with this as I have the same problem and need to save several photos so that I can then transfer them to my PC. When I tap the photo I get View Picture; Forward message and Delete message not Save to SD as suggested in Help and Support.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

This is the response I got from Sony Ericsson:

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

Unfortunately it is not possible to save a picture whsh is sent through as an MMS Message due to the limitations of the Android Operating System the phone is running.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Paige Paterson
Sony Ericsson UK Customer Services

Had I of known this I wouldnt of got the phone as its now uselss to me! Slightly frowning Face

Demigod
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

Does it make any difference if you press and hold the poicture from the MMS?  I think that's what I did, after some time of frustration, to save a picture from a multimedia message to my phone.

That's on the big X10, but it might be worth a try.  Unfortunately, I have deleted the original message, so I can't recreate precisely what I did, but it would appear not to be a problem with Android 1.6, which is what both the mini and big versions of the phone use...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

Unfortunately this doesn't work on the x10 mini.

luvthecoop - Thanks for passing on the message from Sony Ericsson

Have been in touch with my network provider hoping I might be able to access the photos through their website but no can do so their techies are looking at the  phone to see if way around it. Will let you know if they do. Not really enjoying this phone and useless for me as I need to download photos for my business. Am also having problems with sending photos with mms. Beginning to wish I had stayed with my very ancient Motorola!  Thinking Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

Update!

As previously noted the x10 mini cannot save photos received in  a message.

One way around the problem if you have mms as part of your network package and an e-mail account then you can click on the photo > Forward Message > Select Recipient > New Conversation> Add Recipient >enter your e-mail address > send.

Worked for me anyway.

Slightly smiling Face

Demigod
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

Glad you found a way around the problem.  Good news, though it does seem rather cumbersome and relies on the person having mms and email.  I'm sure there must be a way for others to save a picture.  Sometimes, long clicks at various stages of the instruction manual, such as it is, help.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

this worked for us to be able to save pictures in mms.

1.download the app handcent sms from the android market.(free)

2.open the app and your messages are displayed.

3.select a message with a picture in it

4.touch and hold the picture til you see a list of options appear.

5 select copy attached to SD card.

The picture is saved to gallery.

Now from your home screen press the left menu key (4 squares) and select arrange icons.

scroll to the app and replace the original messaging icon in the corner with the app.

Now you will receive 2 notifications when you recieve an sms.to stop this happening goto phone settings/sony ericsson application settings/messaging/ and untick notifications.

hopefully this works for you like it does for us

Bill

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

just set this up and it works!!!  Now have copies of pics sent via mms on my pc.  Thanks very much for info

Commissioner
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Thank you Bill. Works good.