account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

X10 repair

Learner
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: X10 repair

My reply from Xperia support was unsatisfactory I cannot see why Sonymobile UK is exempted or diverts from the policies in force BEFORE the X10 was built the first android phone and the president supports them. Sonic seems hypocrisy a phone is NEVER too old to be recycled because if the parts are obsolete they can still be used the materials and precious metals plastics camera glass microphone speaker were all intact and perfect. I am dissapoilnted with Xperia care. They simply don't care and customer service is appalling. I intend to pursue the most vigorous complaint to the COMPLIANCE REGINONAL EXECUTIVE AND PRESIDENT bot only for the hypocrisy what the policies say and what Sony mobile UK does and seek reassurance and compensation for my difficulties. All I wanted was a new phone and trade in the old phone unrepairable sim card unit, and buy a new phone as a registered customer 2004/15 with 24 products across the portfolio including 6 Sony mobiles. I have not been treated fairly and you will hear more on this case.
Please can anybody out there inform how to locate the president and senior compliance office in Europe region covering UK??? I require email and address as a written letter and evidence are required
Emperor
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

@Andytrevor1 @Andytrevor

I haven't heard anything just yet, I'm a bit confused about the program, does it allow users to submit their phones so they can be recycled or is it some sort of recycle your phone and get cash on your next phone? 

also, keep in mind that the X10 was a Sony Ericsson, I don't know if that's the case, but I'm still waiting on more info.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

I'm sorry to hear about your phone Slightly frowning Face

Recycling is handled at a local level but i don't see any reason why Xperia X10 could not be recycled. I've also checked your case and from what i can see, your phone has already been recycled in accordance with our environmental warranty.

We do also have a recycling programme in some countries where you can get a voucher if you select to recycle your phone. Is it perhaps this you are referring to? This programme is available in the UK:

http://recycle.sonymobile.com/gb/#/

http://recycle.sonymobile.com/gb/#/terms

But from what i can see here, your phone was not sent in for recycling using this programme so i'm not sure if you can get a voucher in this case. You need to contact your Local support for more information if it's possible to get a voucher in your case. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

The case is now receiving attention at the Gateshead office and I hope something good and fair is achieved and the sustainability policies are upheld because it cannot be made a mockery of and leave UK customers with their phones bought in good faith under such policies and Committments one reads, discriminated and disadvantage. As a multinational with similar products sold worldwide there should be equal rights to all customers wherever they live because this is what customers of Sony come to expect
Emperor
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

@Andyc1 @Andytrevor @Andytrevor1

Just wait and keep us updated. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)