account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

WiFi says scanning, then says disconnected. What's wrong?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: WiFi says scanning, then says disconnected. What's wrong?

I think it means restart the computer - the network adaptor being the card inside your PC.

Demigod
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Belated thanks!  Restarting the computer generally helps with getting the laptop connected.  Perhaps I need to search for the latest drivers, unless there is some sort of fault in the hardware gubbins of the computer.  I really do hate technology when it's not working.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

It turns out that my firmware needed to be updated in my router (which was a Trendnet 632BRP). Now the Xperia connects to the WiFi no problem. Thanks to all for suggestions.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Thanks for the discussion guys. I just had the exact same problem with my router. The X10 says scanning, and sometimes not even that.

All other wifi devices in the house worked fine. I reset the router, and suddenly the X10 found the network again.

Black magic and voodoo runs these routers, I swear.

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

TRY THIS. IT FIXED THE PROBLEM FOR ME. There is a reboot option in your router settings page. Do that and it should be connecting fine.