account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Want to be able to manage sms on pc companion

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Want to be able to manage sms on pc companion

Am i missing something?

Can someone tell me if it is possible to manage sms through pc companion in the same way you could on the old pc suite. I've tried to find how, but keep drawing a blank. I'd like to be able to delete groups of sms (and emails for that matter) but cannot find a function on my phone that allows me to "mark several" like in the good old days.

Is there an alternative way to view sms other than in threads? i think this may be the problem as i might not want to delete a thread, just a few random sms's and it takes ages going through them one at a time.......its soul-destroying!

any help appreciated.

cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Want to be able to manage sms on pc companion

try My Phone Explorer

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

if you want to delete multiple threads

just open your messaging app, press the menu button, tap on delete several, select the threads and voila

you might want to check handcent SMS

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for replying so quick........i must be really thick, thay did the trick, any idea how i can do the same with my push emails????

Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

if you are in the US, try google voice for your txts, push email moxier seems to do the trick

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

i've never understood this 'moxier' thing, can't seem to register an account and i just don't get it, what is it?.....i have a hotmail account and google (although only set up google account cos when i first bought the phone the software didn't support hotmail.

Anyway, don't think i'll bother with the whole moxier thing....what with facebook and twitter and google and sony eric and the hardware itself, i'm too confused. When i want to add an new event to a calendar or a new contact i get asked where do i want to save it and it drives me mad. Sorry rant over!

thanks again.

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

for your hotmail you can use

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.pocketmob.hotmail&feature=search_result

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I would suggest that you ONLY sync contacts with google, that way you don't have to deal with sim cards, or double contacts, etc.

Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

if you want to transfer your contacts from your x10 to your gmail

you can just click sync contacts or

open your phonebook

press MENU button

-> tap on Send Contacts

-> select all

-> send it to your email

on your computer

-> download the file

-> go to your gmail

-> click on contacts

-> click on more actions

-> on the drop down menu click on "import"

-> choose the file

-> and click import

done

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

hello 

do you have any idea if i can have the text messages (sms) with some particular person by pc companion ?  or other backup applications but i need it in one file , or one email ..