account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to save or print text messages?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How to save or print text messages?

hi guys i was wondering if theres a way to pull the messges off the x10 or print them at all? im currently at 4500+ messeges in 1 thread and the phone slows down using that thread now but i want to save it some how ive looked on the phone via computer and cant find anything at all.

6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Post here if you have a problem and are un happy.

I haven't tried this, but could you perform a back-up using the Backup and restore app, start a new back-up, select only text messages, and then delete that thread of messages from the phone?  Not quite what you were looking for, perhaps, but it might be a way of being able to save the threads you currently have, and you could then restore them if you want to check back on them. I think there must be a better solution somewhere.  Under 1.6, I am pretty sure you could just save the messages to the SD card, from where, I would imagine, it would be possible to copy them to your computer, but that option seems to have disappeared...

Oracle
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I use an app free from market called SMS backup & Restore which lets you copy them to your sd card, you can then view them from the sd card in the thread form.  It has an export function but I thought that was pretty rubbish tbh.  Another one I have seen recommended is SMS Archiver, its a freebie so you could give it a shot, its supposed to export them in to a text file.

I had 3000 plus and had found Handcent had got slow to load so I backed them up.  Probably could have deleted some but thought I'd just see how it went. Handcent now opening fast again!

Hope it helps.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You could use this and store them on your PC

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/6793

In the messages section for example you can bring up conversations, in the main window click on the + sign to open the conversation, click on the top entry

in the conversation list to highlight it then scroll down to the bottom entry, hold the shift key and click on the bottom entry this will highlight them all

from the top menu bar (second icon along is copy third icon along is move) you can archive all your highlighted messages, you can create sub folder if you want to save them as a specific title

person, subject that's totally up to you how you want to save them, you can then move them off your phone completely to your PC.

To read them again just open the software click on the Messages>Archive link and open the appropriate folder, if you want a particular message back on your phone for any reason

or conversation section or full conversation, click on the individual message, or click on the messages using the shift key as you do to archive them originally

then click on the drop down menu next to the up arrow on the menu bar and select In Original Storage and they will be returned to your phone.

I have attached a couple of screen clips for you to see, hope you find it useful

Conversation toolbar                                                                                       Archive toolbar                                                                     

Converation Menu.JPG  Archive Menu.JPG                  

Message menu list

Message.JPG         

Just realised a little off topic just answering the question regaing archiving messages on topic though the only thing that I don't like or have a problem with the camera

doesn't have a proper working flash apart from that not a problem with the phone since I got it apart from ones I created myself when I first got it through not knowing

how the Android system works but now I have a better idea.                                                                                                                                              

Message was edited by: ag4751

Demigod
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

How to print or save text messages?

I have 'branched' this to its own thread so that the advice given (especially the very helpful and detailed reply from ag4751) doesn't get lost in the melee.

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Excellent find! Saved me loads of hassle accessing sms for edits and printing. Thank you so much! :smileywhew:

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Accessing sms from mobile

........... the FJ Software, that is......