account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

how to view and delete SIM contacts??

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

how to view and delete SIM contacts??

i imported all mah contacts to sim,.. , and now i wana delete all contacts saved in sim,....

so help me..

16 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: how to view and delete SIM contacts??

do you want to delete your contacts from your SIM Card or do you want to delete the contacts on your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

HI,

If you want to delete your contacts on the SIM, you will have download apps like Contacts2Sim (available for free from the Android Market), which provide such functionality.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

yah just want to view and delee sim contacts...

plz tel me how to view sim contacts?? cannt i view without downloading any sw?

Message was edited by: piracyMAFIA

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

To just view SIM contacts, you will have to first import them. Open Contacts -> Press Menu -> Impot/export -> Import SIM Contacts.

This will import them to the Contacts App, where you can view.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

It is not possible to view/edit/delete SIM contacts without installing a 3rd party app. The only way to 'see' them is by the suggestion provided by Iravie.

One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Dissapointed, there is no way to delete contacts from sim card.

This is a basic task for such smartphone like Xperia's.

One time poster
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Hi. I've been reading this post and someone says you have to download a 3rd party App to do this? RUBBISH! Follow these steps and you'll be able to do it. 3rd party app!! Durr!!

Tap on "contacts" from your home page, tap on the menu and you should get a drop down list, including "import contacts" " back up contacts" etc. Find the drop down option called "Filter" select this option. This will give you another drop down option, select "SIM contacts" and then tap "All contacts"   Tap "Ok" and this will allow you to access every contact in your SIM, your free now to delete as necessary.  I've got a Sony Experia T and this route worked fine. 3rd party App! Really! Do we not think Sony has enough gumpt to allow its customers to control their contacts without another 3rd party involvement? Course they will and this is how to do it.  Hope it works for you. Thanks!

One time poster
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

how about xperia acro s???

One time poster
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

There is no such "SIM contacts" option in the filter dropdown..Crying Face

My phone is Xperia L

#FallenEagle