Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.
Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.
2010-10-05 10:28 PM
Confirmed. I was able to turn on the phone follow this steps.
The bug still persist and it is the only way to turn on the phone again (at last for me).
2010-10-06 05:13 AM
I have repaired the phone
I have installed all my app again.
The issue is still the same.
Please I we really need support on this, any feedback, SOMETHING!!!
2010-10-06 06:40 PM
Nobody? Moderators? Support Center? Anyone from SE?
We really need support on this, a phone that doesn't turn on with SIM Card is an expensive paperweight.
2010-10-06 07:37 PM
have you tried it with another sim card? If you can get it on with another sim then get it fully charged and then put your own sim back in and try the pc bootup mode or the repair as listed above.
Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Bring it back to the shop and ask for a replacment....
2010-10-06 07:58 PM
I can turn on the phone using the carlosx's method. BUT, I need turn off the phone all nights. Every morning I have to turn on the pc to turn on the phone. It is just stupid, it is a phone of more than 200u$s that doesn't turn on with a sim card inside... SE MUST to fix this.
I tried 7 sims cards, just 1 worked. The funny thing is that sim card is more than 4 years. I can not get that model from my operator at least SE release something to time traveling.
I called customer services center, I carried the phone to a service center an NOBODY can fix this and everybody says the same: "We know the issue but we can not fix it, we just run the SEUS on your phone".
So, again, WE NEED a real fix for this.
The funniest thing it that the phone worked for 5 days in that time I could get my money back, but it failed the day 7.
Thanks for your answer.
2010-10-06 08:46 PM
Sorry, tried responding earlier, but this web-site doesn't open up properly using Opera on my x10 mini pro!
I managed to get my wife's phone working without deleting all her contacts, apps etc. Steps I took were;
1) take out the SIM card, and power on the phone (it'll start beuatifully). You can even sync your contacts to SE like this if you're a little paranoid.
2) press the top button, and tap 'power off' (This just makes sure your phone is REALLY off, and we're not confused between whether it's on but with a blank screen and totally unresponsive).
3) put back in your SIM card.
4) on your PC, fire up one of the apps mentioned above (I used SE PC Companion)
5) Plug in the USB end of the cable to your computer.
6) Follow my steps above (for XP) to remove any 'Unknown Devices from your device list (otherwise your phone won't be detected)
7) Follow the instructions as given by people above in the application of your choice (for PC Companion, if you can get away with just a software update in brief it's 'Support Zone' - 'Start' | Software Update - 'Start')
8) Press and hold (until your ligaments fail you or you're told to let go) the back key, and plug in the other end of the cable to your phone.
9) Hopefully before you lose strength in your hand, the phone will be detected, and it'll tell you that you can release the back key (mine took 15-20 seconds, but it seems like an eternity). Follow the on screen prompts and let it do it's stuff, and you should now see some stuff on the screen.
I know this isn't great, and if you've already got the latest software, I'm not sure whether the 'update software' option is enough to trigger it, so you may need to go for the wipe option (there are other suggestions above), but the process to get your phone detected will almost certainly be the same (Steps 1-7).
This isn't a magic wand solution, and it's not an excuse for SE, but it did the job for us. We're just going to have to invest in some additional chargers and make sure our phones don't run flat in the interim 'til SE get a fix.
2010-10-06 09:27 PM
I can turn on the phone using some of those methods, the problem is, I (we) don't want to pray every time the batery is low or the phone turns off....
We NEED a real fix, this is a product problem and SE have fix it ASAP. I have a coworker sit next to me with the same problem.
All x10 mini/pro are faulty.
2010-10-06 09:47 PM
Aye, I'm with all of you. It needs a fix. Just thought I'd post what got us going, as there's a fair few people out there, who'll settle for a phone that turns on and keeps their contacts and apps in the short term. We don't have any warranty on either of our phones, so we could certainly use a 'proper' fix. It'd be nice to hear from SE what they're actually planning to do about the problem.