account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

small red light on Proximity sensor when 3g/4g data transmission

Visitor
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

small red light on Proximity sensor when 3g/4g data transmission

Hello, community.

I found a little "bug":

When 3g/4g data transmission in progress, small red light on Proximity sensor is lights up.

I can see this light only when up/down arrows appears near the "3g" / "H" / "4g" symbol.

Is it a hardware error or software bug? (Can fix This anyway?)

Or it's a normal ? Slightly smiling Face

My English is not so good, so you can see a picture Slightly smiling Face

example.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: small red light on Proximity sensor when 3g/4g data transmission

That is just the sensor being active, doesn't have to do with any form of connection, but with the lighting conditions of the environment.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

>> That is just the sensor being active doesn't have to do with any form of connection

Post about fact, that this sensor being active exactly when icon of data transmition is active. I think is so strange Nerd Face   

Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

I've noticed it being active with wifi too, just check it in a dark environment.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Blinking light

So sometimes when i am on my phone a little red light that isn't the notification led starts to blink very rapidly. I figured out it is something to do with the front facing camera since opening the camera app makes the light go fully on. I was curious if anyone knows why this is and how i could stop it, as it's growing rqther obnoxious.
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Re: Blinking light

@xChayra That is just the proximity sensor with adaptive brightness enabled. See this thread and read:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Constant-red-light-on-the-front-side-of-the-phone/m-p/11719...

Visitor
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Oh, thank you for clearing that up however i have had adaptive brightness disabled since i got this phone.
Visitor
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Hello, my smartphone continues to show a red look. I have disabled the light sensor. The red light flickers now very fast. The red light stops only when W-Lan or Bluetooth is switched on or no SIM card inserted. Is this a software bug? Sony can not give me an answer. My Firmware is 35.0.A.1.275 Sony X Performance.

One time poster
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Hi.
I have the same problem,i think this has nothing to do with adaptive brightness. i tested it so many times and it happens only when mobile data is on. when making a call it's normal thing blinking that sensor.but with mobile data it's strange.idk but i feel like battery draining fast too.here is little video about it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZFsB9b5p6g
my device is xperia x dual F5122 , software 34.0.A.2.292 
is there any solution? i also repaired software. will this go away with android 7 nougat? or i have nothing to worry about.but im a little concerned. thank you!

When mobile data is on proximity sensor is also on. This drains battery fast.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Guys i'm having xperia x dual. I'm also having this issue.iI tried turning off the Adaptive brightness,safe mode,stopping all apps nothing worked.It exactly happens during data transfer(with both wi-fi and mobile data)... Any solution or response from sony peoples??? or anyone having any solution???