account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Where is mini-apps?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Where is mini-apps?

I can't found mini-apps.
Sony had delete this feature?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Re: Where is mini-apps?

I just got information that they are no longer available. This is according to the specification, and how Google has defined it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

@thesiner it seems the small apps are gone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Hi @thesiner,

I will try to get some information about this.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

They are now gone on the xperia x range
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I just got information that they are no longer available. This is according to the specification, and how Google has defined it.

One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

oh no! I really liked them and have pushing around my xperia x for days searching for a setting to put them back.. :-(
One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Unlike the BLOAT on various other OEM's software,

Sony's mini apps, gallery app & Music player on the Z series were imensely useful.

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Please we need small apps it's very useful?!? 

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Yes we really need small apps
One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Absolutely gutted, I've gone from my z2 to the xz and my mini apps are gone so has record screen functions. I used the mini calculator all the time. Why do you do this Sony? I might sell the xz and get my z2 back!