account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Weird sound quality through the speaker

Regular
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Weird sound quality through the speaker

The problem appears after the software update to 34.0.A.2.292. The phone was returned to me with stock software and I had no issues with the sound. Any ideas?
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

If the phone was returned with earlier software, they may have replaced it.
Or, something else, it'll be on the returned documents

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Checking the phone with a newly installed software update 34.2.A.0. 266 with Nougat. Hope the problem has been resolved now
Seems to me, the sound quality issue only appears on previous software build
One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

I try to run my handset in safe mode but nothing is happened, problem is still available.

Pioneer
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Maybe you can find some clues by reading some of these items.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Same for me... I have almost two years with the phone and this weird speaker situation started yesterday... Probably is a software situation... The bad news for me is that I don't have warranty since last year.. 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

@Esteban2well, if it's a software error you don't need waranty. So here's hoping it's that.

In which case you should probably try factory reset or repairing with Xperia Companion.

Fingers crossed.

One time poster
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

I have tried to solve the issue with the Software Repair by Xperia companion (first suggestion made by official Sony repair service). That doesn't work.

I've stopped updating the software, as it seemed to me the problem is in the new released software. The current version on my Sony is 34.3.A.0.252.

Hope this info will be useful