account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Very weak Wi-Fi reception after OREO update

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Very weak Wi-Fi reception after OREO update

My Xperia X dual sim (F5122) running on latest oreo updae with February security patch and in this update Wi-fi strength of the phone has become very poor .It gets significantly lower even in just 1 meter range wherver other phones just receives full bar and strengthDSC_0017.JPGNotice the diatance of the table 's end. It's just about a meter and half.

Screenshot_20180314-130537.pngNow when I am at that edge notice how drasyically the wifi signal drops. Anyone have this issue? Plz reply.

Status bar icon shows only 2 bars even in 1 meter range and gets lost if i move my device away only about 2 meter or less only.

Please any one can confirm this in oreo update or is it just me?

8 REPLIES 8
Adviser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Very weak Wi-Fi reception after OREO update

Anyone??? 

Pioneer
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I have a single SIM version but have not noticed any such problem. 

The fact that no-one has commented or started other posts would suggest that it's not widespread. 

Have you tried safe mode?

Run a diagnostic / system check in settings? 

Possibly worth a back-up, reset / Companion repair and restore.

I know it's true because I made it up myself...
Pioneer
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Also,those bars don't mean much.

I've seen those dancing around  while still having a normal connection.

Try to run something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en

This one should tell you more.

Adviser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Yes I did factory reset  +pc companion repair at the time when I saw it hoping it would be just an update problem.

And yes I did check with safe mode, system diagnostic. Same issue everywhere. Please check below situations.

Screenshot_20180314-171028.pngWhen I am so close to router like I am touching the mobile with router's antenna.Screenshot_20180314-171039.pngWhen I am at that table edge which i showed above.Screenshot_20180314-171100.pngAt table's edge. Status in wifi analyzer.Screenshot_20180314-171833.pngTable's edge. Status in settingScreenshot_20180314-171903.pngThis is around 10 meter if i move further away wifi gets disconnected.Screenshot_20180314-172042.pngAt table's edge same with safe mode.

Adviser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Should I be worried now?check above post.The wifi is useless for me sometime.

THe point is all other device even my neighbour can connect to my wifi  from his house but i can't from just about 10 meters away.And all other devices I triedmyself ( MOTO G5 plus,Redmi 5a)  don't have this weird situation.

And I did not have this problem before .

A NOTE: The screen was replaced and it was upgraded to OREO when i gave my Xperia X to service centre back in february.When I gave my phone it was running on Nougat and when I got back it was upgraded to OREO.Any hint?or solutions .

Pioneer
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

It seems that it's time to call for help from Xperia Support.DSC_9200~2.JPG

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Adviser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I did submitted my phone and they are solving it with software repair;which i did like 3 times! 

Let's see what happens!

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Maybe they will have a look at your phone before returning it to you.

Hope you described your problems in a way that it becomes clear to them, which can be translated as that they do not just do a factory reset but will have a proper look at your device to check if everything functions as it should before returning it to you.

After all it is just a (phone) repair company which not only Sony, but also Samsung, Huawei, HTC and others contracted to do repair jobs at the lowest price.

How I know?

My LG was repaired a few years ago by the same company that repaired my Z3 Compact.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't