account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Uneven sound reproduction from the bottom speaker.

Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Uneven sound reproduction from the bottom speaker.

After using the Xperia X for a couple of months I am absolutely sure that the sound produced by the lower speaker is much weaker in comparison to the upper one.

I can simply notice the difference as soon as I cover the top one irrespective of the volume level. 

Now, Is this default by design or is it a hardware issue?

Anybody else notice this? 

I mean,  though both  the speakers are functional but the lower is almost 50% quieter... 

2 REPLIES 2
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Uneven sound reproduction from the bottom speaker.

I have the same problem! 

Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Uneven sound reproduction from the bottom speaker.

I think that many Xperia phones, not only the X, do the same. I don't think that it's a problem. My X does the same and also my friend's Z5 premium.