account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Two Xperia X's bought same day from the same shop with two different camera quality!

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Two Xperia X's bought same day from the same shop with two different camera quality!

As per the subject title. Only recently realized this. I bought two of the exact same phones back in June. One for the wife and one for me.

Few days ago when taking pictures of the same image i noticed that my phone camera/picture quality is no where good as my wife's. I did also reset both phones camera settings to factory so both phones have exactly the same settings!

Examples below. Both were taken in Auto mode with same settings. 

My Phone

x broken

Wife's

x good

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Two Xperia X's bought same day from the same shop with two different camera quality!

Hi @Bobo13,

There's a very clear difference there. Is your phone in a case? Or do you have protective plastic on the back?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Two Xperia X's bought same day from the same shop with two different camera quality!

Hi

No case at all.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Bobo13,

Do you experience the same thing in safe mode?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi @CamerontT

I tested in safe mode with the same results. Is it worth doing a software repair at this point?

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@Bobo13,

It's worth a try. If that gives no better results though I recommend you contact your Local support team to have it assessed.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

So sent away my phone for repair. Took 13 days to repair and deliver it back.

Apparently the Camera Sticker was replaced but to my surprie this hasnt resolved the issue at all!

There is still a noticable difference in image quality. The pictures i take are more dull and when you zoom in are more cloudy compared to my wives.

This is really bad from sony very dissapointing!

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Same settings? Can't be true, as you can clearly see first photo is in 4:3 and second photo is in 16:9 format.

Apart from this I am disappointed with the picture quality and camera of my like-new Xperia X, too. Pressing the shutter release, the lens adjusts from sharp to blurry and the photo is unusable. Everything in Auto-Mode. Hardware and Software is ok and tested. Manual Mode is mandatory to shoot good pictures.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hey, ur mobile camera lens glass is damages or fog is present. 

Reach the nearest service centre and ask them a replacement.

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Bobo13

as it was pointed out the pictures are not identical in settings,  could you try to upload more samples now that the device is already repaired?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/