account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Twitter app issues with new software update

Emperor
Message 21 of 70
Message 21 of 70

Re: Twitter app issues with new software update

@DaddyPobbin

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twitter.android&hl=en

Developer

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 22 of 70
Message 22 of 70

Re: Twitter app not working after update

Me too. I've tried all the usual things like uninstall/reinstall, clear app cache, clear app data. *Really* missing it! 

Learner
Message 23 of 70
Message 23 of 70

Well, yes, but i prefere that an update is backwards compatible. All apps should work after an system uppgrade.

Emperor
Message 24 of 70
Message 24 of 70

@SigurdOtto

That's not how it works, it's up to the app developers to address any issue, just like if you have an app that's acting up with an iphone it's not up to apple to address the issue but the app developer, with android it's a lot more complex because there are a LOT of OEMs, which means that app developers have to check on app bugs and/or features that might not be working. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 25 of 70
Message 25 of 70

I've ran into the same issue.

It is most definitely the latest sony update that's caused the issue with twitter. Have also done the uninstall/reinstall steps to no avail.  I've found a roundabout way to still access twitter via twiter lite on my phone browser, and saving a short cut on my homescreen.

Emperor
Message 26 of 70
Message 26 of 70

@amygils

check the post above

Apprentice
Message 27 of 70
Message 27 of 70

Glad it's not just me, thought my phone was going wrong. I contacted Twitter support but they just directed me to the login troubleshooting pages. It's obviously a problem between Xperia and the twitter app. I assume Sony will have notified them as well as loads of users. Just hope they hurry up and get it sorted. Been without Twitter over a week now and I miss it. 

Learner
Message 28 of 70
Message 28 of 70

Yes i have the same issue not only twitter but premier league app also

Rookie
Message 29 of 70
Message 29 of 70

Samen issue here. After updating my Xperia X the Twitter app is unable to load tweets, profile info & more.  Tried reinstalling the app but nothing worked. This must be solved ASAP! 

Apprentice
Message 30 of 70
Message 30 of 70

2 weeks now and still no change. Tried contacting twitter again but can only do it via a laptop as the mobile client doesn't work with dm contact. Utter shambles from their end but getting silly from Sony too. They have a bunch of people with phones that don't work with the app. Have they reached out and told them? Is this ever going to be fixed? I've got a year left on my contract with this phone. I was already disappointed with it, now I'm really fed up. Going to go back to Vodafone and see if they can suggest anything. Though I hold out little to no hope of anything being done.