account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Twitter app issues with new software update

Apprentice
Message 31 of 70
Message 31 of 70

Re: Twitter app issues with new software update

Got all excited just now. Twitter was updated. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still getting the same old message. Poor from both sides I'm afraid. Sony, get onto them. Twitter, listen to us. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 32 of 70
Message 32 of 70

I've been Sony customer for way more than a decade. Little things like this, when spread by word of mouth, will damage their reputation. I hope they read these pages and will contact twitter, used their clout or help to resolve the issues or face loss of custom. 

Yes, Twitter have to fix it but it appears to be only on sony phones,  so sony's updates have caused a disparity between sony android and other android smartphones. They need to make sure, at the very least, that the most popular apps work on the sony smartphones, or actively resolve disparities with android apps. 

Apprentice
Message 33 of 70
Message 33 of 70

Did a full repair of software etc today and twitter has returned. No idea how or what caused the issue but fingers crossed it stays fixed. 

Adviser
Message 34 of 70
Message 34 of 70

Using the companion on a computer?

Learner
Message 35 of 70
Message 35 of 70

I'm having same problem but kinda found a solution of sorts. Go to a Tweet in Facebook and then you are able to Share etc that Tweet and Twitter works fine as if you logged in as normal. Not ideal though. 

Adviser
Message 36 of 70
Message 36 of 70

you have to go into facebook and share the tweet? still doesn't work as app is broken completely. 

One time poster
Message 37 of 70
Message 37 of 70

Twitter not working

I'm getting "Cannot retrieve Tweets at this time, please try again later". I have tried many suggestions on the forum and no success, any help would be much appreciated. 

Learner
Message 38 of 70
Message 38 of 70

Re: Twitter not working

Same here, no help from clearing cache or reinstalling.

Learner
Message 39 of 70
Message 39 of 70

Twitter won't load Tweets or anything else, but if you go to Facebook and click on a Tweet which appears in Facebook you are brought to a fully working Twitter. You can see Tweets, share Tweets, like Tweets, see your full account details and all the options etc etc. It's as if you had logged into Twitter and had no problem. Definitely not ideal but a workabout. IT may give the Developers a clue to what the problem is and come up with a solution. 

Inhabitant
Message 40 of 70
Message 40 of 70

Twitter app not working at all performance is very slow phone is not reliable enough camera 📸 overheat