account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Twitter app issues with new software update

Adviser
Message 1 of 70
Message 1 of 70

Twitter app issues with new software update

Has anyone with the latest software update on Xperia X had problems with the Twitter app? Nothing loads, it doesn't stay signed in and says there is internet connectivity problems. 

It works perfectly fine on my fiancees android phone, which makes me think it's an issue with the xperia x

anyone having similar experiences? 

69 REPLIES 69
Apprentice
Message 2 of 70
Message 2 of 70

Re: Twitter app issues with new software update

I'm having the same issue. Tried to re-install the app but to no avail. 

Adviser
Message 3 of 70
Message 3 of 70

Same, deleted cache, signed in and out on the all, tried it one wifi and data.

sometimes too there are two search icons in the toolbar. 

I have resorted to using a twitter interface app which is able to access my app, tweet etc. but would rather the official app

Apprentice
Message 4 of 70
Message 4 of 70

I think I've figured out the issue but can't fix it. 

I had to to a repair using companion as my phone had become unusable recently. A full charge was last around 3 hours and network was dropping every 2 minutes or so. Android Services was using 40% of the battery. Following the repair last night the twitter app worked fine. This morning I recieved an experia update. I was reluctant to install it as I'm convinced Sony's revent updates were responsible for my issues. Many of Sony's updates have been disastrous for my phone. However, I did update and surprise surprise the twitter app does not work again. It really has to be the most recent update that is affecting it. 

Sony, if you do read this. Can you fully road test each update? There are too may times where an update is released only for another to come along a few weeks later correcting the problems that it brings. Since my upgrade to the X from the Z2 I have seen too many annoying problems. I'd rather keep using a Sony phone but this model is really quite poor compared to the Z series. I'm getting tired of using repairs in companion and setting my phone up again.

Back to using the Twitter web interface. 

Adviser
Message 5 of 70
Message 5 of 70

Thankfully twitter is the only problem i'm having, others are complaining about battery power being subpar

I kinda miss my Z3 too, their best looking phone too! 

will look into the repair on companion

Visitor
Message 6 of 70
Message 6 of 70

I have the same issue here! I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one.

So what's Sony's move now? That's really annoying!!

Sony Xperia X Compact / F5321
Android 7.1.1

Build 34.3.A.0.194

Adviser
Message 7 of 70
Message 7 of 70

No idea. 

They may monitor these forums but perhaps know there isa problem and it's not human stupidity on our part to blame, ie you can't troubleshoot this, it needs developers working on it. 

I hope this is the case so we can use twitter again. it's only one of the most popular apps in use and it won't work on Sony. 

been considering a switch to Samsung for years, these kinds of problems with Sony seem to be wipespread

Apprentice
Message 8 of 70
Message 8 of 70

Just seems at though the app connect or detect a connection. Oddly I can see my profile and access settings but tweets cannot be loaded. 

It may be a Twitter issue I guess. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 70
Message 9 of 70

I'm having the same problem...

Visitor
Message 10 of 70
Message 10 of 70

Exact same behaviour: profile picture loaded, access to settings (well... some settings only, it pops an error as soon as you access critial stuff like login verification), but not a single tweet at all.

And a chance that, eventually, your account info are erased when the twitter app stops -> back to "sign up / log in" state.

No change after today's update (Build 34.3.A.0.206).