account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen stays on after fully charged

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 45
Message 1 of 45

Screen stays on after fully charged

Hey Guys

I am having a wierd and annoying issue with my new Xperia X

When I put the phone on to charge overnight a couple times when i got up during the night I have noticed that the screen is on constantly on. 

A few times when I wake up in the morning and I check my phone the screen was on too.

I have checked that Daydream is off and that Developer options > Screen awake is disabled too. The phone is only a few days old.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 45
Message 15 of 45

Re: Screen stays on after fully charged

Ok just an update.

I was using a power lead exention where the charger was plugged into.

Last couple night i have been plugging directly into wall socket and no issues.

Strange.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Message 2 of 45
Message 2 of 45

@Bobo13 Have you changed settings under developer options? There is something called stay awake.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 45
Message 3 of 45

Hi

As I have mentioned in the OP. I have checked this.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 45
Message 4 of 45

Really sorry for not noticing. What about safe mode? Can you try to charge your device like that?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 45
Message 5 of 45

No worrries.

How do I get into Safe Mode?

Highlighted
Message 6 of 45
Message 6 of 45

I have left you a link in my upper post. You can get to safe mode by pressing the power button, then long pressing turn off. A message will pop up.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 45
Message 7 of 45

Thanks I will try this.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 45
Message 8 of 45

Okay I just did a factory reset instead. As I was having other issues with Apps crashing.

Hoping this fixed it. Will update.

Highlighted
Message 9 of 45
Message 9 of 45

Ok, strange as it is a new device and you already crashed it, just kidding Face with stuck-out Tongue @Bobo13

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 45
Message 10 of 45

Ok unfortunatley the factory reset has not resolved it Slightly frowning Face

I havent installed any 3rd party apps on the device aswell so looks like I have a faulty phone. What a shame Slightly frowning Face