account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Proximity sensor blinking while data transfer is on

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Proximity sensor blinking while data transfer is on

Dear all, 

I'm having a small bug. Proximity sensor is blinking while data transfer is on. It happens only with mobile data. I tried safe mode, truning of adaptive brightness, safe mode etc. Nothing worked. And it drains alot of battery.

So many people are having this problem. I already posted in another thread. But no one seems to care. Please look into it. Its really annoying.  

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Proximity sensor blinking while data transfer is on

you mean the red thing near the upper speaker?

can you show a video of it?

as answered in the previous threads, it is not actually blinking it only appears to be because it is a low energy infrared proximity sensor. so it wont really drain you battery .

if you are talking about the led light, it wont be possible to disable it without third party app

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

No it's actually blinking exactly while data transfer is on. I know about low battery warning. I'll try to record a video and put the link here today. Then see for yourself. I'm really frustrated by this. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

https://youtu.be/hxUWqnT8PyA

@nolramlb This is the video link as you asked.See it and reply me what to do.

@nolramlb wrote:

you mean the red thing near the upper speaker?

can you show a video of it?

as answered in the previous threads, it is not actually blinking it only appears to be because it is a low energy infrared proximity sensor. so it wont really drain you battery .

if you are talking about the led light, it wont be possible to disable it without third party app

Proximity sensor blinking while data transfer is on-Xperia x dual sim