account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problems after water damage

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Problems after water damage

My Xperia x fell in dirt and after that I washed it with tap water and switched off and used hair dryer after that I put it in rice for 12 hours after this I started the device and fingerprint is not working and unlocks after 8-10 tries sometimes goes to blank screen, back camera is blurred with dull colors no water on the lens.  what should I do now? 

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems after water damage

Hi @Balpreetkhtra, I'm very sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I recommend that you have your device examined and repaired by an authorised service center. Your Local support team can help you proceed with this and provide further information if need be.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have visited service center and they said they can't repair Xperia x and can only replace the device with another for which I have to pay the 80% of the new device im very disappointed with the response

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed. To my knowledge I'm afraid that a water damaged device can't be repaired since we can't guarantee its functionality afterwards. However, if you have any questions directly related to your service center and their procedures I recommend that you contact your Local support team directly. They will be best equipped to answer any questions you might have about this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.