account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Problems after updating to Android 8.0 oreo

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Problems after updating to Android 8.0 oreo

@garthdammit have you tried using the phone without that particular SD card, or with a new one?

Sounds to me that one is gone with the wind, so it could quite possibly mess up entire user experience.

Visitor
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Yup.  SD card is out of the phone and still at 75% with sweet FA of actual storage used.  have barely any apps, no pics, vids, music etc.  Rather annoying

Learner
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

This does not work for 2 reasons. Firstly the issue is not resolved and secondly, you won't be able to restore your backup. It just doesn't work and Sony does not say why. They are unresponsive and really don't care about their customers 

Learner
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

No, all issues will be the same except you'll have to spend another week getting your phone how you want it except you can't because your screen no longer responding correctly, or is that just mine? I have no words to say how angry I am 

Pioneer
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

@Trogg686

I vividly can imagine how frustrated you're getting when nothing works.

However I must say, there is always a way out.

When you tried everything and nothing works it's time to contact support.

Tap on the support app or find it in settings and explain your problems.

When it's a hardware problem it will be resolved.

Really hope your device will be like new shortly.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Zdravím. Mě třeba po aktualizaci špatně reaguje klávesnice na psaní SMS. Úplně postranní klávesy nejdou moc dobře mačkat. Hlavně klávesy 0 P 1 Q. Musím psát tyto klávesy pretocenim displeje a v momentě kdy mám pretoceno tak zase nereaguje mezerník. Aktualizace fakt na výbornou.. 

Hello. I need to get the SMS keypad to react poorly after the update. The full side keys do not squeeze very well. Mainly 0 P 1 keys. Q. I have to type these keys by reversing the display, and at the moment I'm overtaken, the spacebar does not respond. Updating facts to excellent ..

GT

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Hi I try to enter in this link and it's not possible. It says that I don't have the privileges to use it, do you know where can I find a similar link to download it?

Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

@augusto2

If you meant the link to software repair using Xperia Companion, here it is.

You can find a lot of useful guides on the community's FAQ page.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.