account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone keeps going silent

Learner
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Phone keeps going silent

I have xperia x and it randomly decides to go silent. I've noticed it's mostly happens when I'm using facebook messanger but can't do anything.only restart works. Also some sounds are still on like pressing key sounds and music but not notifications or calls. Even if i go in settings and try to change tone it displays that it's playing but doesn't make any sound. Could anyone help me?

14 REPLIES 14
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Phone keeps going silent

Hi @M1K1OT1, welcome to the community.

Do you have Do Not Disturb automatic rules enabled?

You can check this under Settings > Sound & notifications > Do not disturb > Automatic rules.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Genius
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

It is either the DND setting as CameronT proposed or the Facebook messenger is changing the volumes to 0. If you don't use the automatic DND mode, when this happens go to settings, sounds and notifications and check volume levels for both media, alarms and ringer. Is one of them at zero? Raise it up. Use again the app. Does it changes again one of the volumes to zero? Bingo! You found the problem. If that is the case, verify messenger settings and tweak them accordingly to avoid this issue to happen again.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Learner
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

all of them are off.everything stays exactly same except it doesnt make any sound any more. one way i found is to force stop messanger app and relaunch it. but been other times when i couldn't figure out which app caused it, so i had to restart

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Phone keeps going silent

I bought Xperia X on 19th March from Flipkart India. Had upgraded to Nougat on that day itself. After 2 days I found my phone is going into silent mode automatically. Have checked all the settings like ringtone sound, volume, DND, or any other applications which forcing it to silent mode, but didn't find anything. The one side only solution was restarting the phone. I visited service center for this, they did software repair too, but the problem was not resolved. I immediately contacted with Flipkart and after few days they replaced my phone with another new Xperia X. It worked well on the first day but again it has started the same issue. Don't know what to do now. Please help.
One time poster
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

xperia x goes to silent randomly

My Xperia X dual goes to silent mode randomly without any reason. I have checked 'do not disturb' does not have any automatic rule. While this problem occurs, music plays fine through the speakers. Only no ringtone or notification sounds. I have run the diagnostics test and found out the earspeaker does not work during this problem. This issue happens randomly in every 8-12 hours. Restarting the phone fixes this issue temporarily. I have uninstalled all my third party apps but still the issue persists. Please help.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Please help with the issue. I have done every single think but the problem is not resolved. 

Learner
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Problem to automatically slient Mode

Last week ı bought xperia x. Since ı bought this Phone a few Times during the Times automatically turn on slient Mode. I tried everythink. Calling sound., notifacation sounds, clock e.t. Just when restart this Phone is normally work. Arter a few hours agan again problem. This is annoying for me. 

I called Sony customer service turkey. They Said that safe Mode run your Phone. I tried this but not solved. They have not helped me enough. I asked customer: how can ı give it back telephone. They Said ı dont know. 

Learner
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Re: Problem to automatically slient Mode

You havent helped us.  Xperia x chronic of keeps going on silent.  You dont do anything.  How do ı  still use this Phone? 

How can I trust Sony again? 

One time poster
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Phone keeps going silent

my phone is automatically going to silent mode. only restart helps to recover from this. is it any software issue?. DND/ringtone setting are not the reason behind this issue!! any one have idea about this?