account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No Fm radio?

SOLVED
Sage
Message 1 of 39
Message 1 of 39

No Fm radio?

FM radio Is not listed.
It only on Xa phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 39
Message 5 of 39

Re: No Fm radio?

I got the information confirmed and Xperia Performance does not have a FM-radio.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Message 2 of 39
Message 2 of 39

According to GSM arena, X has it too:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x-7948.php

It's only XP that doesn't have. Not sure for now as everyone has different specs. Perhaps sony mobile website should be trusted the most.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 39
Message 3 of 39

Let's wait for official response from Sony Support Team and hope both phones will have FM Radio module.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 39
Message 4 of 39

The white paper for Xperia XA and Xperia X says that they have a FM-radio but it's not mentioned in the white paper for Xperia Performance. I'll see if i can get more information about it.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 39
Message 5 of 39

I got the information confirmed and Xperia Performance does not have a FM-radio.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 39
Message 6 of 39

Wow nice choose from Sony

And this XP should replace Z5 ?

I think in Sony, everyone is out of mind

Except Rickard :p
Highlighted
Message 7 of 39
Message 7 of 39

Tbh I haven't used an fm radio on my phone in years, most stations are available to stream live now.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 39
Message 8 of 39

Yes but stream punch against data plan. FM don't.

Plus, in case of emergency, if you have no Internet, you can always rely on radio for the news.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 39
Message 9 of 39

I'm glad I found out, I just wanted to pre-order the X Performance but no FM = no buy. There's absolutely no reason to remove it, because the SD820 supports it (the G5 does have FM). Then why have they removed it? At least you can give your users a choice if they want to delete it or not. I guess I have to look somewhere else for a new phone...

Highlighted
Sage
Message 10 of 39
Message 10 of 39

Xiaomi MI5 128gb. Just introduced few days ago.

Has radio too and seems amazing and relatively cheap.
It has optical stabilization and a lot of features.