account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New software updates downloading but could not install

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

New software updates downloading but could not install

Sony xperia x software updates not installing after completing try more than 10 times
7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: New software updates downloading but could not install

@Matiulla

Are you using XC?

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Matiulla

I suggest you to read this thread.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X-Compact/Clean-installation-system-update/m-p/1195517#U1195517

I hope could be useful.

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Oh, so the only way to get the update is to do s full factory reset?

Really?

Oh come on Sony!

Do you realise how inconvenient and time consuming that is? Non of my previous updates have necessitated a full factory reset, so why now?

Please rewrite the update so it installs without me having to spend several hours backing ecerything up then reinstalling it all again.

Please
Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Benmidgley

Who said that? don't take any posts out of context, keep it friendly. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

The link in the post above my original is all about how to do back ups and factory resets.

Sorry for my sarcasm but I am just abit gob smacked that a factory reset is the only way to go!

Btw, Have tried the conect to computer method with no success either.
Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@Benmidgley

First.

You must respect who have the patience to answer for an issue that happens. And you must respect the suggestions given!

So, take your unless sarcasm only for you, not for the forum.

Second.

I read the problem posted and I gave my personal suggestion. If the update has problems to install or give error messages or other, my suggestion is to perform a clean installation in the way to complete the update next and have a device functioning.

Bye

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Again al i appologise, you have obviously spent along time writing the update. My disappointment stems from the length of time it is going to take me to install it.
I just hope next time Sony will find more simplified way of doing an update.