account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New PIN screen at boot

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

New PIN screen at boot

The PIN unlock screen that came with the Nougat update is terrible. Not only does it not have the letters beneath the numbers, (3=DEF, 4=GHI, etc.), but a) it registers the wrong numbers when I type quickly, and b) the pop ups with each press appear in the wrong place.

Please fix!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: New PIN screen at boot

I reported the lack of letters (which also affected the last marshmallow update) to Sony support last October, for all the good that did. But now I have to type much more slowly, too. Slightly frowning Face
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@MikelWard

does your phone has a protective case/film?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

No, no case or screen protector.