account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My Sony Xperia X keeps phantom clicking

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: My Sony Xperia X keeps phantom clicking

@NeoPage05,

If the software repair doesn't resolve the issue then it is likely a physical problem. Contact your Local support team to arrange an assessment.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

We have the same problem and its pisses me off. I hate it.
One time poster
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Same problem.  it sits there clicking to itself and the screen looks faded.

Such an unleasant experience all around. 

(1) The worst thing as having to micromanage the memory because there was not enough for more than a few apps and all the apps insist on being the main memory not the SD drive.

(2) The NFC complaining every few minutes that that services must be switched off even though the NFC is switched off.

(3) The incompatibility with Kindle where by if you want to switch wifi on or off you have to go through the main memory.

Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

I recently downgrade from Oreo to Nougat then same thing..  still have ghost touchtproblem..

after i change my simcard thinking that it is the issue.. it works.. ghost touch gone..

My simcard has issue not my mobile device..

Hope it can help.. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Ha @NetzAstigrockon , nice finding. Hope it really solved it.

@CameronTSo, as it has already been "proven" that SD card can sometimes cause various problems, and IF SIM card change solved a few problems , even for one user, maybe those steps should be added to basic troubleshooting Slightly smiling Face  Good thing is those are almost painless techniques .

Along with safe mode, xperia repair, charger and cable checking etc