account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Music stops through headset

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Music stops through headset

Hi
When I listen to music through my headphones the music stops after seconds and then i have to take head phones out put them in press play again and it then stops again. I have checked the port and its clear and checked headphones on other devices and used the headphones to call people and are fine. But why wont it let me listen to music?
Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Music

Test it out on safe mode.

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lollipop

1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi
Tried it and hasnt worked. Still was pausing.
Very confused
Thanks
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Do you have another set of headphones that you could test?
Learner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Yer just put a spare pair in and done the same
Only had the phone 6 months
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

You should try to contacting Sony Xperia Support to get it further inspected.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Will do thank you for your help
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

No problem, let us know how it goes.
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Re: Music stops through headset

I have the exact same issue, the audio jack on my desktop speakers works fine but none of my three sets of headphones work properly. Having looked closely at the jacks the only difference I can see is the one my speakers is extremely fractionally longer (less than 0.5mm - I'd estimate about 0.2mm) so I assume there is a contact at the bottom of the headphone port which our headphones can only reach when we really force them in and over a short space of time the jack moves enough that the contact is no longer made, turning the sound off.

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Bose Earphone Problem

Hello everybody,
It's been a while since I have a problem with my Sony Xperia X and my Bose headset. When I connect my headset to my phone, the music plays for about 5sec and then stops to be played on the phone's speaker. And this happens with any music playback programs like YouTube or other. A solution ?