account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Low volume after 7.1.1 update

Regular
Message 31 of 60
Message 31 of 60

Re: Low volume after 7.1.1 update

Hi 

What did they do?

Arek u still on 7.1.1.

I found that if u go to settings and do speaker test thru service test with headphones plug in then sound plays alot louder then normalny.

Regards

One time poster
Message 32 of 60
Message 32 of 60

I have got the same. Does Sony is going to help us anyway ?

The overal jack output quality was one of the main reason why I choosed Sony and what they did right now ? Back to work Sony and fix the problem asap if you don't want to loose a lot of users. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 33 of 60
Message 33 of 60

And it's not only about the volume. I find that sound quality is poorer now. I listen to the same playlist as before and I am sure it is not only in my imagination. There are songs that I know by heart and the quality of the sound isn't is the same anymore.

Back to Fiio player for now. Also, I am thinking going back to 7.0. I am searching for a tutorial right now, in the second tab.

Regular
Message 34 of 60
Message 34 of 60

going back to 7.0 is very easy. all you need to do is use Flashtool. 

i have done it yesterday. i am back on 7.0 and everthing works as normal. 

regards

Rookie
Message 35 of 60
Message 35 of 60

Guys sony is currently rolling out an update. Hope the low volume is fixed in the update

Regular
Message 36 of 60
Message 36 of 60

weould be glad to hear from you about changes. 

regards

Learner
Message 37 of 60
Message 37 of 60

I'm also having the same problem. I have to have my volume up near almost full to vaguely hear anything. Also I keep getting the message pop up that the headphones aren't supported, even though I've used them countless times before. 

One time poster
Message 38 of 60
Message 38 of 60

about lower speaker sound

i have bought xperia x recently,but the lower speaker sound less than the top one. 

I want to know that is it normal or my phone got sone problem. 

One time poster
Message 39 of 60
Message 39 of 60

Xperia x 32 is quiet.

I've had my phone for about 5 months, and compared to my brothers it would quiet to Start with. 

But it has since deceased in volume. 

If it decreases any more it will become unusable. 

I have been given 2 engineer codes, but neither give access to the main volume controls. 

Does anyone have any relevant codes or ideas, short of resetting to factory??? 

Cheers Jez 👍🏻 

Learner
Message 40 of 60
Message 40 of 60

No improvement here with 34.3.A.0.206.