account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Low volume after 7.1.1 update

Learner
Message 21 of 60
Message 21 of 60

Low volume after 7.1.1 update

After 7.1.1 update the volume of music got too low in speaker and headphone.... Please tell me why and how i fix it

Sony Xperia Support
Message 22 of 60
Message 22 of 60

Re: Low volume after 7.1.1 update

Hi @Milani_k22, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this issue.

Looks like this is happening on quite a few devices. Try running a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 23 of 60
Message 23 of 60

Same here, now I have to up the volume to 100% when I am in the subway. And no, the  running a software repair using Xperia Companion does not help!

Learner
Message 24 of 60
Message 24 of 60

well i took mine for repaire to authorized service, they repaired the software and now it works fine.

Adviser
Message 25 of 60
Message 25 of 60

I have the same issue; the sound is mainly coming out from the upper speaker, the lower one doesn't work at all. I also can't open loud speakers during calls...

Learner
Message 26 of 60
Message 26 of 60

Same here. Headphones output was perfect in 7.0. In 7.1.1 it sounds like it's misconfigured in some way. I have two phones at hand, with both versions, so I can compare easily... I believe Sony should have some half serious testing engineer to verify it himself, right?

One time poster
Message 27 of 60
Message 27 of 60

Hello dear Sony support. Using automated bots which posting same solution, after anothet user already reported that solution doesn't help. Rest of ppl who doesn't report it, probably doesn't listen music. Best regards 

Regular
Message 28 of 60
Message 28 of 60

same here. volume is low on headphone jack. on 7.0 was fine now it is to low. 

One time poster
Message 29 of 60
Message 29 of 60

Same here. The audio's quality is really bad. Sony please fix this.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 60
Message 30 of 60

I strongly agree with all the comments above. I used to listen music at 60-70% volume on earphones and the speakers were perfectly fine on 7.0. This 7.1.1 have some serious software glitch. Sony should evaluate all the aspects of an update before releasing it to the users. We are facing some annoying issue in our daily life due to their lack of research.