account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Low volume after 7.1.1 update

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 60
Message 11 of 60

Re: Low volume after 7.1.1 update

I repaired the phone with sony companion...NO USE...There's already a bug "proximity sensor blinking bug" and now this...and now the battery drains faster and phone heats a lot

Adviser
Message 12 of 60
Message 12 of 60

Even I am facing this. Even the audio quality seems to be little bad now. Feels like lesser bass than 7.0

Regular
Message 13 of 60
Message 13 of 60

I am also facing same issue regarding volume of speakers and earphone. I hope that Sony will fix in the update in the near future.  

Learner
Message 14 of 60
Message 14 of 60

I'm having the same problem...

One time poster
Message 15 of 60
Message 15 of 60

I confirm, the sound is quiet.

Learner
Message 16 of 60
Message 16 of 60

Low volume after update.

So I was in love with Sony, mainly because of the sound system, compressor and music library. After I installed the latest update, volume is really low bro, now I have to put volume at max,  still can't hear like i used to hear at like 60%. Never put it to max before... Any solution or shall I wait for the next update? 

Learner
Message 17 of 60
Message 17 of 60

Basically wired earphones/ headphones. Aswell as speaker. I don't use third party apps, its all by sony. Normalizer and compressor adding the clear audio are working perfectly fine but with a low volume, a very low 1.

Adviser
Message 18 of 60
Message 18 of 60

Will the next software update fix speaker issue?

After i updated my Xperia X Compact to Android 7.1, i noticed that the speakers became very low(specially the lower one, which isn't working at all)i tried all the suggested solution but none of them worked, and apparently it is a software issue so I was hoping that the security patch fix this issue but nothing changed so i was wandering if the next update would fix it...

Apprentice
Message 19 of 60
Message 19 of 60

i am experiencing the same issue

One time poster
Message 20 of 60
Message 20 of 60

I have the same problem. Music, phone calls over the speaker is OK. Viber loudness drastically degraded to the unrecognizable level.