account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Low volume 7.1.1

Adviser
Message 11 of 26
Message 11 of 26

Re: Low volume 7.1.1

Me too

Highlighted
Talent
Message 12 of 26
Message 12 of 26

Seriously, how in this day and age does this happen? Surely they test these software updates before they release them? I also have low sound issues and it's very annoying, please fix Sony.

Highlighted
Message 13 of 26
Message 13 of 26

Same very low volume problem after update. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 14 of 26
Message 14 of 26

Are you guys talking about the speakers? or the headphone volume? For me headphone volume is okay, but the speakers sounds softer than I remember it to be.

I used to have a black unit running 7.0. Sold it a few weeks back and I just gotten another unit with 7.1.1. I didn't remember it being this soft. Now i'm not sure if the speakers are faulty...

Highlighted
Message 15 of 26
Message 15 of 26

I was referring to the speaker volume. After the last two updates the volume when playing music throught the speaker is MUCH lower than before.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 26
Message 16 of 26

I see. I'm still wondering if mine has a busted speaker. It sounds softer than the bottom speaker. The TOP is supposed to be the louder one right? Maybe I'll drop by the Sony service centre after all. Thanks. 

Edit: just an update. I compared with a demo unit at the store at theirs does sound louder. But that was running 6.0 though. Anyway I sent it in nonetheless. The top speaker is like half the volume of the bottom one. play in music doesn't sound that bad perhaps due to more complex sounds, but when playing like a simple ringing tone, it's very obvious. Hopefully they will fix that and not just make me wait over a week and then tell me it's a software issue. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 17 of 26
Message 17 of 26

Can somebody pass this on to Sony to provide a fix please? When I got this phone back in November and was using Android 6.0, that was the best overall experience in terms of battery life, volume, and performance - I couldn't fault the phone. Now running on 7.1.1 - I can't even hear things properly at full volume when I am in a quiet room at night. Is there going to be a fix for this? Along with the huge drain in battery life, I am now massively disappointed in this phone.

We get the monthly security updates on time and quickly, but nothing else ever changes with them. Please can this be passed on to the developers.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 18 of 26
Message 18 of 26

Hello guys, I'd like to ask if you manage somehow the sound volume fix, I have exactly the same problem as decribed here. It would be fine to know if there is a solution except downgrade of os to 7.0. Now I'm waiting for answer from Sony support but maybe there is at least some unoficial fix, workaround or something like that.......... Thank you in advance, Lida

Highlighted
Talent
Message 19 of 26
Message 19 of 26

I installed the August update from Sony about 2 weeks ago (34.3.A.0.217) which I was sure had finally fixed the low volume issue from the phone's speakers - but now it seems back to how it was before?! I'm confused!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 20 of 26
Message 20 of 26

No it didn't, maybe Android 8.0 will fix this...