account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Is the Sony Xperia X still worth buying new?

Adept
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Is the Sony Xperia X still worth buying new?

So I'm in the market to spend about $275 on a phone. Im thinking about buying the Sony Xperia X which runs off a 650 processor which in the past I've found to be a pretty good and fast processor. Is this phone still worth my money?  I can get one right now brand new for $229 which I thought wasn't a bad deal at all. What do you guys think I should buy with $275 in hand best phone out there at that price range. Nothing above that. Also I don't like buying used phones as I just got burned today on a used like new in box Sony Xperia X Performance which it looked like new in box until I turned it on and saw the bottom part of the screen having discoloration in which I returned it. Plus when I buy a phone I like for it to have boxes and contents. What phone would you guys recommend at around $275?  Thanks a bunch! 

2 REPLIES 2
Adept
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is the Sony Xperia X still worth buying new?

By the way I had just bought a Sony Xperia X Performance off swappa and the guy tried to take me which is why I've always tried to stay away from used phones because people are ruthless. I then buy his phone thinking I got a like new in box Xpreria X Performance which indeed it was but until I turned the phone on and saw the bottom part of the screen. I guess he thought I wouldn't notice and then goes as far to claim.it happened during shipment. I mean check this screen out!!  IMG_20171019_115606.jpg

So I'm in the market for anothet phone. Should I try used again for just buy a new Xperia X model brand new sealed in box so I don't have to worry about this type of stuff happening. I mean how could he have not known. Sudh a lie. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is the Sony Xperia X still worth buying new?

Just don't buy this phone. Battery life is totally terrible it comes from 9am to 4.30 pm exactly. Just imagine how I feel while working or on a business call. Buy something good. This phone is now outdated. Buy a latest model atleast you'll get support for 2 years for sure.