account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Is it good to update to Oreo? Need help

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Is it good to update to Oreo? Need help

Guys, my xperia x is still on nougat.
I heard so much cons on oreo update.
Can you specify the cons and issue on oreo update.
is it good to upate to oreo?

3 REPLIES 3
Regular
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it good to update to Oreo? Need help

its like a big step forward, like the first step on the moon Slightly smiling Face) if u have xperia x and u stayed at nougat its like u have a mercedes last model and u drive with handbrake all day

Pioneer
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

It is OK.

Even more, since you missed the first batch of updates you're stepping in at the moment the bugs have gone.

At first maybe your device will use more battery or other small issues.

The reason is the software has to settle by learning from it's and your behaviour.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I think the only negative point at this time would be going through all the monthly SP updates.

If done OTA of course.

I'm not sure if Xperia Companion would flash the latest immediately but I would handle it as a clean flash anyway.