account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Does Xperia X still overheat?

One time poster
Message 21 of 51
Message 21 of 51

Re: Does Xperia X still overheat?

I've got it for about a year and it just started having some heating issues. To be honest I overuse it lately, so it should be only normal. I never experienced heating during video recording tho. I record small clips every day and once in a while there will be a 15 to 20 min take, yet still unaffected by heating issues.

Highlighted
Message 22 of 51
Message 22 of 51

where do u live?I mean country location?

One time poster
Message 23 of 51
Message 23 of 51

My Xperia ☓ recently had problems with the camera shutting down with a msg saying the camera is shutting down due to overheating. I lost a lot pictures. Even though I saw a picture saved later on I couldn't find them anywhere. 

I point out that this was outdoors in Tuscon AZ ambient temp of 100 degrees F

One time poster
Message 24 of 51
Message 24 of 51

Mine just upgraded to latest build which as shown is 34.3.A.0.194 but still gets hot after 5 minutes or so while recording with the phones camera app. It changes to almost half an hour when recording by other apps like Open Camera or cameramx. It should be a problem of firmware or driver. Anyway it's just annoying! 

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 51
Message 25 of 51

Re: Camera fix please

brother man it just heats even after browsing for 5 min with 3g...in safe mode too... and i done repair too...in 7.0 i never had this much heating issue even with lot of apps running in thebackground.

Learner
Message 26 of 51
Message 26 of 51

yes

One time poster
Message 27 of 51
Message 27 of 51

Unfortunately yes it overheats always when recording videos during the summer

Even when its cold and you start recording it will overheat within 20 seconds, it is very annoying actually. 

Learner
Message 28 of 51
Message 28 of 51

I  have only the problem when i am using the AR-Camera App for a few minutes 

One time poster
Message 29 of 51
Message 29 of 51

Yes! It does! When it's hot outside I can barely record a video. Overheats within a minute. 

Learner
Message 30 of 51
Message 30 of 51

Yes it does.