account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Does Xperia X still overheat?

Apprentice
Message 11 of 51
Message 11 of 51

Re: Does Xperia X still overheat?

Mine overheat also taking picture...
Apprentice
Message 12 of 51
Message 12 of 51

Camera fix please

Love this phone but if Sony doesn't update camera I have to sell it....
Overheating JUST TAKING PICTURE is unbelievable.. come on guy.
Emperor
Message 13 of 51
Message 13 of 51

Re: Camera fix please

@Franzfume

Test it in >>> safe mode, most likely you have other apps running in the background

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 51
Message 14 of 51

@Uliwooly, you seem to have no idea what´s going on here.. The latests Xperia phones are overheating when useing the camera in both picture and video mode.. Even the Z5 is doing it after Marshmallow update came out.

But all you do is to think it´s because of a third-party app but it ain´t!! 

There is something seriously wrong with the camera software or even the app itself because the camera is overheating.. 

I´ve done quite a few tests myself with the Z5, X and X-P and they all have the same issues with overheater due to camera useage mainly in video mode 30/60fps, in picture not as much but still happens.

I wish Sony could and would update the camera app from version 1.2 to 2.0 or something and make real improvements in picture/video quality and fix the panorama mode which is so low-res by todays standard..

Emperor
Message 15 of 51
Message 15 of 51

@TobbeSwe

This is a user based forum, contact Sony directly with your feedback >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 16 of 51
Message 16 of 51

No external app. Camera is overhearng....
One time poster
Message 17 of 51
Message 17 of 51

Your still having heating problem. Even if I just keep it on charging or use mobile data , mobile starts heating. And offcourse I cant use camera

Learner
Message 18 of 51
Message 18 of 51

@Julian1000 wrote:
Mine over heats and shuts done to cool down after recording for 2 minutes
Is there going to be a fix for this because I feel like I've be robbed.

My experia x does this. I really am disappointed. Don't really use the camera but continue to charge and use my windows phone for pics and videos as much higher quality and more reliable. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 51
Message 19 of 51

Iv never had a overheating issue.

Regular
Message 20 of 51
Message 20 of 51

Mine doesn't overheat while using camera but when I play fifa 15 for around 30-40 minutes it start to heat and cools down fast enough but it's not that serious as compared to m4 aqua.