account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Does Xperia X still overheat?

Visitor
Message 1 of 51
Message 1 of 51

Does Xperia X still overheat?

Hey guys, Im thinking about buying a Xperia X, but I heard alot about it is overheating when recording video. Is this still true or has it been fixed?

50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51
Message 2 of 51

Re: Does Xperia X still overheat?

I haven't experienced this, I know some others have but me personally, I haven't.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 51
Message 3 of 51

Do you think its a hardware issue or can it be software fixed?

In every review they say it will overheat during video recordings Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 51
Message 4 of 51

I think it is depending on how you use the device before recording videos. If you for example watch 30 minutes videos and then start the recording, there will be some issues. But usually it should not be a problem day to day Winking Face

Commissioner
Message 5 of 51
Message 5 of 51

I only record videos for less than 2 minutes, no overheating so far.

Visitor
Message 6 of 51
Message 6 of 51

Andrej123 Have you tried to record for more than 5 or 10 minutes to see if it overheats?

A phone should not overheat because of that imo.

Adviser
Message 7 of 51
Message 7 of 51

mine doesn't overheat at all... 

One time poster
Message 8 of 51
Message 8 of 51

Mine overheat rapidly (more or less after 2 minutes of recording) but only in the 1080 60 image per second mode. No problem with the 30 i/s mode. I think the processor can't handle it. Too weak. Maybe the xperia x performance doesn't suffer of this weakness. Sad for us. Maybe it is just a question of optimization but i dont't think so.
Apprentice
Message 9 of 51
Message 9 of 51

Yes my phone does.  If you have done something, like taking photos and edited them, after that you can take video few seconds and you start get overheat messages. And video shooting if you "pan" scenery lots of details cause same and image starts to "jump".... waiting update.

One time poster
Message 10 of 51
Message 10 of 51

Mine over heats and shuts done to cool down after recording for 2 minutes
Is there going to be a fix for this because I feel like I've be robbed.