account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Crazy light sensor after Android 8 update

Pioneer
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: Crazy light sensor after Android 8 update

Just a bit of patience and maybe meanwhile switch off adaptive brightness.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Visitor
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

Shall do 👍 cheers for the reply 

Rookie
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

Hello. Yes! I have the same problem. The constantly subtle changes in the light of the phone which are really annoying, also the screen is darker than it used to be. Had to turn off the auto adjust feature too. Just updated so haven't noticed other problems yet, but I am worried about  the battery drain problem people have been talking about. Sony please do something and don't mess peoples phones with updates.

Update to my reply above: This thread is apparently for non compact X, accidentally posted here when this popped in the suggestion when making new thread to X Comact site. So my device is Xperia X Compact.

Visitor
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

The battery before the update use to last the day but now it doesn't but the same thing happened in the previous update and Sony fixed it with a few bug fix updates so hopefully they'll do the same this time. 

Adviser
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

i have the same problem after april security roll up, all sensors dead including light sensor, proximity, accelerometer, and gyro, all dead!

Xperia X Android 8.0

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

Have you tested sensors in service menu?

You have those either by typing *#*#7378423#*#* in dialer, or through main menu.