account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't receive text messages since system update

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can't receive text messages since system update

I can't receive texts messages since my system update Monday night. I am able to send them. At&t was no help. They said do a factory reset on my phone. Any help would be great thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't receive text messages since system update

@Teddygoo

Yeah that's AT&T's customer service, lol, have you made any changes to your phone? which messaging app are you using? 

have you tried the basic, restart the phone > remove the SIM card > test the phone in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I'm using the messenging app that came with the phone. To point out I am using a the xperia x international dual  sim. After reading your reply I tried safe mode. I was able to receive texts from my sisist and son. But no one who doesn't have att. I'm usually pretty good at solving these issues. When I was on the phone with att they asked for the IMEI. I kept telling them that two rows of numbers were showing. But they didn't listen. I found the correct one in my phone settings. I'm guessing that is part of the problem. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Teddygoo

That could be it, have you contacted AT&T again with the correct IMEI number? 

Now, contacts that are with AT&T receive your SMS and MMS right? 

Are the other contacts using iPhones? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

So the funniest thing happhapp on Friday. Out of nowhere I heard my text alert go off. Then it kept going off. I grabbed my phone and I had over 100 text messages coming in out of nowhere. Apparently whatever was wrong with it on their end was finally fixed. Which BTW I came across an article that said AT&T had some kind of outage problems nationwide last week. Just saying......

Thank you for all the help!