account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Battery life getting worse by the day...

Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Battery life getting worse by the day...

Ever since I had purchased the Sony Xperia X my phone has never lived up to my expectations in the battery dept. 

Keeping aside the endurance ratings at review websites,  the phone could  hardly make it through a full day.

But from the last few months and with every successive update, things have  become even more worse.

The phone doesn't even last for 8 hours. I mean,  even my xperia sp was better at it because  I didn't need to carry a power bank with me all the time.

I really don't know what to do...I don't play games, or run nifty softwares. Just listen to music, watch videos and am connected to a mobile network at all times except at night.

I have tried all the tips and tricks but none have helped.

I hope Sony improves the problem in collaboration with Google with the Oreo update otherwise whether Qnovo or not the phone's battery  won't even last a year with such rapid charge and discharge cycles.

Can anyone help? Screenshot_20180104-101303.png

Screenshot_20180104-101323.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery life getting worse by the day...

Hello and a happy new year!Does your phone do the same in safe mode? Maybe there is an app that drains your battery. To turn on your phone in safe mode, tap the on/off button, and tap and hold the "turn off" for 2 seconds. You will be asked to turn on your device in safe mode. Try to use your device for a whole day in safe mode and tell us the results of your battery stats. 

Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Try to adjust the screen brightness at 15-20% in the bar (never let brightness at 100%). Then, if you use wifi close data mobile if u dont use it, or vice versa. Maybe it will help.

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I forgot one thing. Set the time to close the screen when u dont use the phone at 15 seconds.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi,  things started to improve when I had turned of WI fi scanning in location settings. But, after a few days the battery drains pretty horrendously again.... 

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have already applied these battery friendly settings. 

Thanks for helping though...