account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Battery drains very fast (50% over night) after latest software update

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Battery drains very fast (50% over night) after latest software update

What can I do to solve the problem?

I'm (obviously) not using the phone at night because i'm sleeping and therefore it shouldn't be using that amount of battery.

I haven't had any battery problems what so ever before the latest update.

2 REPLIES 2
One time poster
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery drains very fast (50% over night) after latest software update

I have the same problem, still cannot find any solution. 

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery drains very fast (50% over night) after latest software update

@Dotte wrote:

What can I do to solve the problem?

I'm (obviously) not using the phone at night because i'm sleeping and therefore it shouldn't be using that amount of battery.

I haven't had any battery problems what so ever before the latest update.

Use the assist option in the settings. Go to settings\assist\Xperia action\good night, pull up the bar from the bottom and select aeroplane mode. Choose a specific time and location. Hit save in the top corner. Now go to 'focus' still in the Xperia actions. Then pull up the bar from the bottom and select reduce battery drain with stamina mode. Select time and location and save in the corner. 

Then go settings\storage\clear cache data.

Go to play store and update all apps.

Else turn location services to power saving mode. Turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC when not using it.