account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bad Bluetooth LDAC audio signal

Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Bad Bluetooth LDAC audio signal

I'm using Sony h.ear on 100ABN. Since LDAC update on my Xperia X on Nougat concept (now build no. N4F26T14) the signal cuts out some times while the phone is in my right pocket the audio can stutter, especially if I turn my head to the left. Can this be investigated and fixed in a future update? I have factory reset the phone. Happens with both Google Play music and SoundCloud. Apart from that this phone and these headphones are awesome.

Thanks,

-Laurence

10 REPLIES 10
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bad Bluetooth LDAC audio signal

I have the same problem with speaker srs-xb3.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I have the same issue, when phone is in right pocket and i turn my head to the right. Same headphones work perfectly in other devices.

Adviser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

What do we do with this? Is it a software or hardware issue? Update or repair?

Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

It's June now. No one's answered this. Dissatisfied. 

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Maybe you can try the new firmware 7.1.1

I have a X Compact 7,0, same cans.

I'm always on sound quality preferred but only use cases is phone next to me on the desk. Only connection problem ls I have are when going to another room. BUT connection prefered mode significantly improves reception.

Hope this helps. I'll try putting the phone in my pocket to see if I can recreate this beford switching to 7.1.1

Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Not sure where these settings are..

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

When connecting the 100ABN to your phone you should see a notification "LDAC device connected" tap it and you'll get to "LDAC playback quality" menu with two options: Sound quality perferred or Best effort.

You can also access this by going to [Phone] Settings > Sound > [Quality] Accessory settings > LDAC playback quality.

This is actually intended to prevent interference between 2.4GHZ WIFI and the "pumped" BT but it seems to improve reception overall (could just be placebo, but definetly worth a try!).

*This is all on 7.0...

Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

It's greyed out on my device.

Adviser
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Only available when connected to a Ldac Bluetooth device...