account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

[BUG Report] List of X Performance Bug/Issue on Oreo - 41.3.A.2.99

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: [BUG Report] List of X Performance Bug/Issue on Oreo - 41.3.A.2.99

Strange as it seems a software repair can really clean up a clugged OS.

Clugged with all kind of old stuff and remainders of it.

Android is Linux and very stable.

Though it is better than Windows it also benefits from a clean start every now and then.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Learner
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

And if the problem started with a clean install of Oreo when it was released for the phone? Suspicious when so many people report the same, and not only for this device.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

When my phone is in the pocket and someone call me I have to wait some 10 sec until sensor up display bright. Very very annoying.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Hi, i am on firmware 41.3.A.2.149, Android 8.0 (clean installed via flashtool) and the problem persists. The battery stats are very misleading, they say mobile network standby and phone idle consumes way too much battery, but screen only consumes a little percentage (less than 300 mAh for 4 hours of sot)

Screenshot_20180724-214749.jpg

As you can see mobile network standby appear to drain the battery but with 0 min of active use or background execution. And idle phone shows an active time equal as the total phone usage, which is imposible, how can it be inactive and active at the same time?

I think the OS is reading bad the battery stats.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I have had no problem with the Oreo update.  Because I am stuck on Nougat and security patch since Oct 2017! 

This is the first Sony mobile phone I own and will be the last.