account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Any removed features when upgrading to Oreo

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Any removed features when upgrading to Oreo

I think I have found something that is missing in Oreo compared to Nougat.

I cannot find the setting that from new installed apps a shortcut is placed automaticaly on the home screen.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Pioneer
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Update info

@ahrkitek10wrote:

I just updated my xperia X dual to nougat (android 7) hoping it would help to improve my battery performance to last and It seems it does not do.  Will it help to update to Oreo (Android 8)?

I am already running with stamina mode and 0 brightness, my phone seems struggling to last a day. 

I have sadly found the battery life on the X too poor. I have had to plug in twice a day to get through even starting at 100%. 

It's terrible in standby, losing juice whether at Home (in the same room as my WiFi router) or worse at work where signal is poor. 

It's in for repair at the moment so I am using a handset from another brand and it gets me right through from around 2am (I unplug it when my 2 year old wakes up!) to bedtime  on one charge with 15% left.

The Z3 was similar but had a bigger battery. Currently a little wary of my next purchase 😐

I know it's true because I made it up myself...