account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

All notification sounds and the camera stop working

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

All notification sounds and the camera stop working

Since the last update my phone's been acting weird, until I restart it once a 24 hours.

The notification sounds, the alarms, the incoming call-tone... Everything just shuts down, even though the sound is "on" in settings. When this happens, my camera also stops working outside all apps that are not snapchat. I've tried to remove snapchat, but the problem did not go away...

When the problem occurs, I can restart my phone and everything is back to normal for about 6-10 hours, and then its back again.

What should I do?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: All notification sounds and the camera stop working

I tend to believe the issue is software related, maybe during the update something went bad (probably a misconfiguration) and some apps are not behaving correctly. You can try to reboot your phone in safe mode and checking if the issue persist, if it does not you may want to perform a software repair using Sony XC. Don't forget to backup your data!

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: All notification sounds and the camera stop working

Hi @Elina_B,

Welcome to the community,

I am sorry to hear about this issue Slightly frowning Face

As the issue seems to be resolved with a reboot I agree that this is more likely software orientated. However, regardless of the outcome with Safe Mode I would suggest performing a backup and run a software repair with the Xperia Companion application.

backup using Xperia Companion

software repair using Xperia Companion

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.