account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

very bad signal , so bad that it is useless Xperia x Performance

Visitor
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: very bad signal , so bad that it is useless Xperia x Performance

I meant the signal is worse by two bars... Not easier.
Adviser
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

I noticed that even though the dbm number (-102) was the same in different phones, the xperia x performance signal bar was only 0-1 bars while other phones was 3 bars. Perhaps the xperia x performance phone is just too sensitive and needs to have a software update to adjust
One time poster
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

There must be something wrong with Xperia x performance because connection break's frequently.
Usually changing the connection to 2g helps when you are in a bad signal area but with X performance it loses connection totally. Now my phone stays online only if I force it to 3g only but even then it loses connection unexpectedly.
I have used Xperia companion repair tool and installed software again but it didn't help a bit. What happened I lost one months messages even I made backup before installing.
This is my 4's Xperia and I have had same kind of problems before but this is bottoms.

From Sony 's website :
"Xperia™ X Performance
The masterpiece
High Performance smartphone with high quality camera that predicts the next motion"

But what happens if you don't want to take a picture when you just want to make a simple voice call ???
One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

I hade the same problem wifi and mobile signal were bad. And battery drain as well. Second time on reparation they switch the motherboard. And now the signal is fine plus battery drain is gone.
Visitor
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

I'm having Similar reception issues.

I'm in Canada with Rogers, and I never had any issues with my LTE reception and speed, on any of my sony xperia devices in the past, and between my wife an I that is 8 devices.

but this X performance, is a huge let down, I can;t believe I have this brand new phone and I'm regretting this puchase.

I'm a long time Sony fan ever since the puchased Ericsson, but now I question whether I want to stay with the brand.

I really hope that this is something that can be fixed

Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

My xperia from new is so terible indoors everywhere and I mean everywhere indoors no signal.and battery is rubbish constantly searching for a sinal right now at 11 percent average use little bit of facebook videos from 830 to 930 bit of googling and its now 104pm.rubbish rubbish phone gave my xperia z2 away want it back so much better than this useless phone

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Have the same problem, and i have 2 experia x, both drop calls completely loosing connection to the network and signal strenght in general seems bad. Support recommended shipping it in for service, both of them.

Highlighted
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Had mine repaired through ee they said they replaced two parts inside