account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

thats why you don't do software updates

Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

thats why you don't do software updates

So i decided to do the software update because my sony xperia xz kept having issues with the hotspot (disconnecting all the time). So, with 100% battery i did the update this morning. Now it doesn't work any more. The swipe lock shows up, i swipe to start, the android, sony, xperia and telstra logo show up, thenback to the swipe lock. tried the 10 second restart, tried the 120 second restart, tried the sony companion which didn't work. So my software update essentially killed the phone unless someone has any other ideas. very very unhappy.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: thats why you don't do software updates

so i got the software to repair to run..... then told me there was an error, and contact sony. Now the phone doesn't do anything any more. awesome!

Pioneer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: thats why you don't do software updates

Try this if you haven't already done so.

(instead of software update)

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't