account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to detect sim card after update

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Unable to detect sim card after update

Hello, my phone unable to detect the sim card after a lot of update from android 6.0 to android 7.0. Before i update the phone, the phone can detect the sim card flawlessly. But, after update the security patch after android 7.0 was installed. The sim card gone. I tried to change with another sim card and the result still same. What should i do, using xperia companion software repair or anything else?? Already format the phone and still same 

7 REPLIES 7
Learner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to detect sim card after update

I am having the same problem. I tried the service code *#*#4636#*#* and *#*#7378423#*#* but no luck. 

Screenshot_20171004-231247.png

Screenshot_20171004-231458.png

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I have a same problem

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@Abgmat @Excyclone24 @wu1chef

By any chance, did you flashed the phone ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

No, the unable to detect sim card happened after the update.  I don't make any changes to the phone because it's not worth the time.

I used the Xperia companion software as advised by support and phone got stuck and not detected by computer thru USB.  Sent in for RMA and now waiting on getting phone back.  Shipping cost me $10 certified mail.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Me too

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Has there been any resolution to this? I have exactly the same issue. Have the Compact X5 but it's not giving me any network coverage

Pioneer
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Steps to try:

Exchange sim card with someone else and see if it works on other phone and see if other sim card works on your phone.

Reload mobile internet settings,

Goto settings->network & internet->internet settings, download internet settings

Does it happen in safe mode too?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't