account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Stolen phone

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Stolen phone

How can I locate my phone ?I have the imei number and their is no sim. I sure they have reset it and may bet using it

2 REPLIES 2
Pioneer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stolen phone

If you have set settings to retrieve your phone there isa chance.

I don't understand, is your ownSIM card in the phone or do you have it with you.

If it's certain that you won't find your phone you can block your IMEI and your phone will be worthless.

Here is some information.

Also there is Google to help you.

When your account has not been deleted before reset then your account verification is necessary to activate your phone.

Read here about factory reset protection.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stolen phone

Hi @Bluberry, very sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

We do not have any service that we can use to track your device based on your IMEI number, the only service that is available is the Google service called Find My Device.

This requires the device to be powered on and have an active Internet connection though, but you can also take a look at the links that @Strampke provided. The most important part, make sure to report it stolen to the police. When that is done, talk to your operator, so they can block the device from being used with a SIM card.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.