account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remove swiftkey

Regular
Message 1 of 61
Message 1 of 61

Remove swiftkey

Good day.

How can i uninstall/delete this keyboard. I do 'force stop' for it every day. I do not want use it. 

60 REPLIES 60
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 61
Message 2 of 61

Re: Remove swiftkey

Hi @vassiliys,

It is to my knowledge not possible to disable or uninstall the Swiftkey keyboard since it is the default keyboard of the phone. I can forward this as user feedback though.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 61
Message 3 of 61

I liked xperia keyboard much more. I understand that development of it costs but swiftkey isn't by far as beautiful and simple to use as swiftkey. Especially switching between different languages and emoticons are better in xperia keyboard. Also emoticons were more beutiful.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 61
Message 4 of 61

Hi @MarkP1974,

I understand how you feel and will forward this as user feedback.

You may already be aware but it is possible to download other keyboards through Google Play. If you search "keyboard" there should be plenty of other keyboards available, maybe you'll find one you like better amongst them. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 61
Message 5 of 61

Why you don't allow to download default Sony keyboard from market??? I can`t understand such things! All users are used to have this keyboard in older Sony phones. Please give it back!!!
KMH
Adviser
Message 6 of 61
Message 6 of 61

You can download xperia keyboard from apk mirror
Learner
Message 7 of 61
Message 7 of 61

Link please!
Regular
Message 8 of 61
Message 8 of 61

Swiftkey is very bad for international users. It is a shame that we cannot delete it. Stock android keyboard is better.
KMH
Adviser
Message 9 of 61
Message 9 of 61

Adviser
Message 10 of 61
Message 10 of 61

Ican only agree. The Xperia keyboard is a beautiful product, SwiftKey simply can't compete. Sideloading the Xperia keyboard .apk was one of the first things I did after receiving my phone. I really hope Sony will rethink the decision to discontinue it.